Ager Sanguinis ("The Field of Blood" in Latin) is the name of battle lost by Roger of Antioch in 1119. It is set in Northern Syria and simulates the fierce fights between the descendants of the Normans who followed Bohemond of Tarento, son of Robert Guiscard and founder of the principality of Antioch in the 12th Century. The game includes the various factions in this civilization showdown: Knights Hospitaller, Armenians and Seljuk Turks.
Ager Sanguinis leverages the rules of the others games in the Norman Saga series and introduces new counters like camels and naphtha throwers.
- 3 full-color tactical maps, giving a possibility of many different terrains (The Crusader Castle, The Outremer Village, The Plateau)
- 4 sheets of counters printed in full color
- 1 sheet of overlays in full color
- 1 full-color campaign map
- 36-page rule booklet
- 40-page booklet including the historical background, a guide to the playing pieces and both strategic and tactical scenarios
- 8 play sheets for handy reference
- One 10-sided die