ASL Starter Kit #4 - Pacific Theater of Operations
Brand: Multi-Man Publishing
Product Code: MMP-ASLSK4
ASL Starter Kit Module #4 PTO brings ASLSK to the Pacific Theater of Operations (PTO), and adds the Japanese and the United States Marine Corps to the ASLSK lineup. ASLSK#4 is a self-contained ASLSK module that gives players the opportunity to start playing Advanced Squad Leader almost immediately.
ASLSK#4 expands on the themes of previous Starter Kits by providing new counters and updated rules, featuring a new concept to Starter Kit — PTO. At the heart of this module are the rules for using the Japanese Imperial forces, who fought amongst the jungle and island atolls of the Pacific in terrain completely different from the European Theater of Operations and with tactics different than their European counterparts. In addition to the step-reducing Japanese infantry and new rules for familiar looking terrain, simplified rules for Banzai, concealment, and hand-to-hand close combat are introduced. Neither components nor experience with earlier Starter Kits is necessary to play.
The eight scenarios and three mapboards cover actions between the U.S. forces (Marines and Army) that opposed the Imperial Japanese Army on the islands of the Pacific and in the exotic China-Burma-India theater. From Guadalcanal to Myitkiyina to the big island of Luzon in the Philippines, these forces fought to the death from 1942 to 1945.
- S64 Kawaguchi's Gamble, near Henderson Field, Guadalcanal, 13 September 1942
- S65 Take It Back, west of Lunga Ridge, Guadalcanal, 13 September 1942
- S66 Bailey's Bridge, Matanikau River, Guadalcanal, 26 September 1942
- S67 Besieged, Nhpum Ga, Burma, 31 March 1944
- S68 The End of Their Rope, Charpate, Burma, 21 May 1944
- S69 Stovepipe Funeral, near Charan Kanoa, Saipan, 15 June 1944
- S70 A Sideshow Affair, Anguar Island, 20 September 1944
- S71 American Devil, Potpot, Luzon, The Philippines, 17 January 1945
- 3 8" x 22" Geomorphic Maps (m, n, and o) for the ASL System
- 1 full Countersheet of ½" counters
- 1 full Countersheet of ½" and 5/8" counters
- 8 scenarios on cardstock
- 1 bi-fold quick reference charts printed on cardstock
- 1 32-page rules booklet with plentiful color illustrations
- 2 dice