El Gran Capitán: The Campaigns of the Italian Wars Vol.II
Publisher/Brand: Europa Simulazioni
Product Code: ES010
El Gran Capitán is the second installment in the Campaigns of the Italian Wars series, this time covering the wars in the south of Italy at the turn of XV and XVI centuries. The long-awaited "prequel" of All is lost save Honour about the campaigns fought during the Italian Wars (1494-1530), the long struggle for Italy between the Habsburgs (the Empire) and the French Crown.
This second volume includes all the major campaigns fought in Southern Italy:
- Otranto, 1481: an introductry scenario, the Turkish invasion of region Puglia and the terrible sack of Otranto (not part of the Italian Wars)
- Ferrandino’s War, 1495-96, the Aragonese, with the help of El Gran Capitán, retake the Kingdom of Naples to the French
- The fight for the Kingdom of Naples, 1502-1503, the French and Spanish, led by El Gran Capitán, fight for the Kingdom of Naples. This campaign historically included the two most famous battles of Cerignola and Garigliano (1503), where Cordoba gained the title "El Gran Capitán"
- Lautrec’s last chance, 1528, the unfortunate campaign of Lautrec to conquer Naples once again
- The crusade of Charles VIII (a what-if scenario), 1495-96, what if Charles VIII would have not decided to come back to France soon after his conquer of the Kingdom of Naples?
- One game map 22" x 34"
- One and half sheets of die-cut counters
- 7 charts with game tables and aids
- 24 Capitano Cards
- Rules booklet with Scenarios
- 2 dice