Enemy Action: Ardennes
Publisher/Brand: Compass Games
Product Code: CMP1018
Enemy Action is a series of card-driven war games on pivotal military operations and campaigns in the twentieth century. Each game allows for play by two players or one player, playing either side in the conflict.
The first game in the series is Enemy Action: Ardennes. The game portrays the German offensive against the western Allies in December 1944 — the Battle of the Bulge. Each player controls the German or Allied side. When playing solo, the game system controls the other side. So Enemy Action: Ardennes is effectively three games in one box: the two-player game, solitaire playing the Allies, and solitaire playing the Germans.
- Two-player competition with low complexity and constant decision points for both sides;
- Solitaire play of either side with systems governing all aspects of enemy command and tactics;
- Card-driven impulse system, with multi-purpose cards played to activate formations, implement command events, or gain tactical advantages in combat;
- Diceless and chartless combat system — players draw combat chits that build a narrative of each combat.
Map scale on this module is 2.5 miles per hex. Hexes on the game map are oversized allowing for easy counter handling. Unit scale is regiment, brigade and division, with one to four steps per unit. Each turn represents one day of the battle, with several alternating player impulses in each day.
- Three 22" x 34" maps (1 for each solitaire game and 1 for the 2-player game)
- 3 sheets of counters
- 110 playing cards
- Four player aid cards
- Twelve player aid cards
- Three rules books (1 for each game)
- One ten-sided die (for solo play)