France 1944: The Allied Crusade In Europe
Brand: Compass Games
Product Code: CMP1066
France 1944 is a wargame simulating the historical events that led to the liberation of France, Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands during the Allied drive on Germany from July 1944 through May 1945. The game begins with the Allies (British, Canadians, French, Polish, and Americans) already well established in France following the June D-Day invasions. As depicted at the outset of the game, Allied units are still bogged down in the rough terrain near Normandy, and their progress has been slow, thus far. Nevertheless, Allied strength has built up at a faster rate than the German. As the game begins, the Allies are built up sufficiently to attempt their breakout and begin their race toward the German frontier.
France 1944: The Allied Crusade in Europe was originally published by Victory Games in 1986. In discussions with game designer, Mark Herman, it was clear that this title could benefit from the "Designer Signature Edition" (DSE) treatment. Not only to upgrade the components, but to expand on the game and introduce a new combat system (with custom dice), and use more advanced techniques that the designer developed over the last three plus decades.
- One 22" x 34" mounted game map
- One 8.5" x 11" close-up Normandy game map
- Two sheets of 0.65" rounded counters
- Rules booklet
- Playbook with example of play and designer’s notes
- Play Sequence Card
- Two Player Tracks Aid Cards
- Two Allied Setup and Reinforcement Displays
- Two German Setup and Reinforcement Displays
- Two double-sided player aid cards
- Four 6-sided dice (includes two custom combat dice)