Guiscard 2: The Varangian Guard
Publisher/Brand: Historic'One Editions
Product Code: CHF181
Guiscard simulates the epic conquest of Southern Italy and Sicily be the Normans, led by Robert Guiscard ("the cunning" or "the weasel"), in the eleventh century. The game boast the various factions of the time as the Byzantines, the Arabs of Sicily, the Lombards and the Normans of course, who came as mere mercenaries in the middle of this mess of conflicting interests and who decided to seize power by arms.
Guiscard is intended for those who want to play Cry Havoc but can no longer get an original box. Unlike other proposed extensions of Cry Havoc Fan, Guiscard is a complete boxed game with counters, maps, rules, scenarios and playsheets.
Guiscard 2 is a new version includes all the materials of the original game, but with counters printed on much thicker boards, new additional counters and a campaign game. New scenarios feature the Varangian Guard of the Byzantine emperors.
Some tactical scenarios require additional map — The Passage.
- 7 full-color tactical maps, giving a possibility of many different terrains (The Eagle Nest, The Lagoon, The Chapel, The Reef 1, The Reef 2, The Jetty, The Staircase)
- 5 sheets of counters printed in full color
- 1 sheet of overlays in full color
- 2 full-color campaign map
- 36-page rule booklet
- 32-page booklet including the historical background, a guide to the playing pieces, tactical and campaign scenarios
- 3 dual-sided play sheets for handy reference
- One 10-sided die