Men of Iron is a play-oriented series of games covering the wide spectrum of land battles from, roughly, the era just prior to the first Crusades to the arrival of gunpowder. This is a historical simulation game, not so much intended to show What happened, but Why things occurred as they did. The purpose of the Men of Iron series is to provide gamers with accessible, fast-playing, fun games of low complexity. To that end, much detail has been either omitted or factored into overall mechanics, but game to provides as much period flavor and historical accuracy as possible, within that stated focus.
Men of Iron Tri-Pack includes first three games in the Series: Men of Iron (GMT): Men of Iron (The Rebirth of Infantry), Infidel (The Supremacy of Cavalry in the Crusader Era, 11th-12th Century), Blood & Roses (Battles in the Wars of the Roses England, 1455-1487), plus the Battle of Agincourt from C3i #22.
- 5 22" x 34" game-maps, back-printed
- 1 11" x 17" game-map
- 71/2 counter sheets
- Two identical 11" x 17" Player Aid Cards for Men of Iron
- Two identical 11" x 17" Player Aid Cards for Infidel
- Two identical 11" x 251/2" Player Aid Cards for Blood & Roses
- Two 81/2" x 11" Flight Point Tracks (1 back-printed)
- Rules Manual
- Three Battle Books (one for each game)
- Two ten-sided dice