Montgisard is the name of the battle won by Baldwin IV, the Leper King of Jerusalem in 1177 against the Egyptian army of Saladin. This game is an extension for Ager Sanguinis and introduces new knight Templar counters as well as famous characters like Reynald de Chatillon, Balian of Ibelin and the Leper King himself.
Montgisard is the fifth and last installment in the Norman Saga series started with Guiscard. Montgisard is an extension for Ager Sanguinis, and not a complete game. So you won't find the detailed combat and shooting rules provided with Ager Sanguinis, or the siege rules from The Anarchy. Montgisard also includes scenarios for the campaign game, whose rules are similar to those of Ager Sanguinis.
- 4 full-color tactical maps, giving a possibility of many different terrains (The Crac des Chevaliers(double map), The Horn, The Wadi)
- 1 underground map (The Vaulted Ramp)
- 2 full-color campaign maps
- 3 A4 sheets of playing pieces printed in full color
- One 40-page booklet of historical background and additional rules and both strategic and tactical scenarios
- 4 play sheets for handy reference
- 1 10-sided die