The British Way: Counterinsurgency at the End of Empire
Publisher/Brand: GMT Games
Product Code: GMT2302
The British Way: Counterinsurgency at the End of Empire is the first COIN Multipack, containing four separate games that depicts colonial "emergencies" in the final years of the British Empire. Each game is playable separately by two players, or all four games can be combined into an "End of Empire" campaign that charts the progression of British colonization and includes events occurring elsewhere in the Empire. The games are designed to depict the full array of strategies used by the British during these conflicts, ranging from the more benevolent provision of material benefits through pacification programs to the horrific measures used to gain control over the local population.
- Palestine, 1945–1947 — Jewish insurgent groups have resumed hostilities against the British in Mandatory Palestine, aiming to secure freedom of access for Jewish immigrants and refugees, and eventually an independent Jewish state.
- Malaya, 1948–1960 — The Malayan Communist Party have begun a campaign of sabotage, strikes, and armed resistance against British rule, seeking to emulate the successes of Mao's guerrilla war in China.
- Kenya, 1952–1956 — Militant nationalists, known as Mau Mau, have risen up in Kenya's Central Province, fighting not only for independence but also for land and freedom.
- Cyprus, 1955–1959 — The National Organization of Cypriot Fighters, led by veteran guerrilla fighter General Grivas, seeks to achieve enosis (union with Greece) through a carefully orchestrated campaign of sabotage, protest, and propaganda.
- Two double-sided game boards
- 1 counter sheet
- 4 Game Event Deck
- 1 Campaign Event Deck
- 62 Wooden Pieces
- 11 player aid cards
- 4 Rule/Background Booklets
- Campaign/Background Booklet
- Two 6-sided dice